OJN does not only make editorial decisions on the basis of the interest of a study or its likely impact. Studies must be scientifically valid; for research articles this includes a scientifically sound research question, the use of suitable methods and analysis, and following community-agreed standards relevant to the research field.
Who are we looking for?
We are interested in individuals who are committed to open access, data sharing and innovation in scientific publishing.
Our Editorial Board Members should have a minimum of Ten (10) research papers published in reputable peer-review journals.
A suitable editorial board member for OJN can be described as someone who:
- Supports the journal’s ethos, scope, editorial standards, and policies, and is a committed advocate who will represent OJN within the scientific community.
- Provides a professional and supportive service to our authors and ensures that manuscripts they are responsible for fulfill the requirements of the journal and are handled efficiently and appropriately through peer-review.
Role and responsibilities
The Editor is primarily responsible for assessing manuscripts for their suitability for peer review, selecting suitable reviewers who meet the journal’s requirements and recommends decisions on the basis of the peer reviewers’ reports and their own assessment while adhering to the journal’s editorial policies. An editorial board member for OJN should be engaged and willing to handle a minimum of two manuscripts per month within their field of expertise. Our Associate Editors will receive training, and our in-house editorial team will also provide administrative support. The Associate Editor will report to the Editor and Editor-In-Chief.
Reviewers of OJN must confirm the following:
• That all manuscripts are reviewed in fairness based on the intellectual content of the paper regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, citizenry nor political values of author(s).
• That any observed conflict of interest during the review process must be communicated to the Editor.
• That all information pertaining to the manuscript is kept confidential
• That any information that may be the reason for the rejection of publication of a manuscript must be communicated to the Editor.
Editors of OJN must confirm the following:
• That all manuscripts are evaluated in fairness based on the intellectual content of the paper regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, citizenry nor political values of authors.
• That information pertaining manuscripts are kept confidential.
• That any observed conflict of interest pertaining manuscripts must be disclosed.
• The Editorial Board takes responsibility for making publication decisions for submitted manuscripts based on the reviewer’s evaluation of the manuscript, policies of the journal editorial board and legal restrain acting against plagiarism, libel and copyright infringement.
*Join us by sending your CV and passport photo: email@example.com